From: <mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>Tesla list
Date: Thursday, June 14, 2001 06:16:06 PM
To: <mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: First Light- Bad Results!

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

What circuit are you using to power the ignition coil?

Mark

In a message dated 6/14/01 10:48:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Hi, I'm the 13 year old on the list and just finished my first Tesla coil
> today. I turned it on and got bad results, about 1cm hair-thin sparks off
> the
> top wire. Here are the specifications for this coil:
>
> Power Source: 12V ignition coil
> Primary Capacitor: 2 Salt water beer bottle caps
> Primary Coil: 4 turns of TV Coax Cable
> Secondary Coil: ~1000 turns (forgot how many) on a 2"x8" plastic
> form.
> Spark Gap: 2 bolts on metal L brackets, adjustable from 3 inches to
> touching
> Ground: I didn't connect it to RF ground, I just drew sparks from the
> bottom of the seconday to the top.
> Topload: None, just a wire sticking out.
>
> So what should I do to make this coil run at it's full potential BESIDES
> getting an NST?

IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved -
<http://www.incredimail-dot-com/imstampa.html>Click Here