Re: MMCs for sale

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "acmnovak by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<acmnovak-at-email.msn-dot-com>

[snip]

> Also note, MMCs will die if used in a system with an Asynchronous rotary
spark
> gap. That's the only guarantee that comes with these caps.

I've read that NST's will die with async rotary gaps, but MMC's?  Why
would MMC's have more of a problem with async rotary than other caps
would?

And, BTW - why do NST's have a problem with it, as opposed to other
transformers (pole pigs, MOTs?).

	-  Bill V.