Re: : Simulation

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Charles

Tx Charles for the interest you give to my question Richie find
the solution I response to him privately but some other seem to
be interested I copy the message send to him:

"Hi Richie

Tx, if I increased the "time domain points per cycle" from 100 to
5000, the "bode analysis points per cycle" from 50 to 100 and the
tolerance from 1% to .01% the artifact disappear.

So much to learn and so little time."

Cheers,

Luc Benard

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "R.E.Burnett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<R.E.Burnett-at-newcastle.ac.uk>

> Hi Luc,
>
> I wonder if the time steps for the simulation are too large,  and you are
> seeing some aliasing effects.  There should be no notches in this trace.
>
> The notches may just be an artifact of the display.  Does the ringdown
> still diplay notches if you "zoom-in" with the scope ???
>
> Failing that I would look to either decrease the time-step or increase the
> number of sample points if that is possible with Electronic Workbench.
> Microsim is good if you still have problems ;-))
>
>                                                         -Richie,

snip