RE: Depotting a resin-filled tranny

Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi All,

Ether..*shudder* nasty stuff. Used it in Chemistry back in high school
(advanced classes, they wouldn't trust idiots with it), we only had 1
flare-off, and it was a demonstration by the teacher on just *how* dangerous
this stuff is.

 Other problem is that soaking is not an option here.  Soaking a tar-potted
NST left me with a half-inch of tar sludge that took forever to get rid of
(legally).  gasoline was bad enough to have sitting outside the garage door.
Plus almost all the things I've heard either take forever, or are pretty
aromatic and evaporate rapidly.  I'd like to depot this thing before putting
it back into service.   Any ideas for mechanical removal at the epoxy?

I have at my disposal various air tools, a heat gun, a good hotplate, a
freezer, etc.

												Shad