Re: R.A. Ford (book)?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 3/14/01 12:49:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Anyway. I would love to get my hands on that table, to see if that works.
> He's calculating a coil to run on a specific frequency in that chapter.
>
> If anyone has that book or that table, could I get a scan. copy. email
> whatever of it??
>
> The book that the quote is from is Tesla Coil Secrets, construction notes
> and novel uses.  It deals mostly with Tesla-Oudin coils and the like.
>
> The book he's referring to is
> CRC handbook of chemistry and physics, 34th edition.  It was published
> sometime around 1930-1945, I believe.
>
> Many thanks

CRC 34th Ed. is from 1952. In the 36th edition (1954) the table is on pages
2973-75. By 1974 the table had been dropped from the handbook since by then
any 5-function calculator could reproduce the data. The table does not give
specific values for L  and C, but only for the product ( L x C) You can
generate this table in any spreadsheet using the same formula they did:
wavelength=1884 x sqrt(LC)   freq=300,000,000/wavelength (in meters), L in
microhenries, C in microfarads.

Hope this helps,

Matt D.