Pig capacitor

Original poster: "Kelly & Phillipa Williams by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <kellyw-at-ihug.co.nz>

Dear All,

I have two capacitors I would like use in my Tesla Coil, but before I blow
them up I would like to ask if they are suitable.

I have previously been using a 15kV 120mA NST farm, with a 40 nF MMC
(Terry's caps). My secondary is 9" by 45" wound with 2000 turns of 24AWG. My
primary is 21 turns of refridgeration tubing.

I have an 11kV 5kVA pole pig that I would like to begin using. I will
ballast it for 400mA output. I currently have an air-blown static gap
(vacuum cleaner) but I am planning to build a rotary gap as soon as I can
get parts. I realize my static gap may just power arc, if it does and I
can't quench it properly I will stop using it and speed up my quest for a
rotary gap.

The faceplate of the two capacitors says:

    DUBILIER
    NITROCOL
     capacitor
0.25 MFD  +/- 20%
12,000 V.D.C. wkg
71 degrees Celsius
Made in England
    379       B771

2) Is it possible to infer their dielectric from the label?
3) Can I use two of these in series for my 400mA 15,556 V PEAK pole
transformer? (Voltage rating of 24,000 V DC)

4) Does the size matter? Resonant size for this pig is 116 uF. The two caps
in series measure 141 uF when tested with my Fluke DMM.  This is over
resonant size but under LTR size (?   2x resonant size).

Thanks in advance,

Alan Willimas