Re: Series Variacs

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Why use the neutral? What would it accomplish? I have
240 volts with my two hot wires. I'm not currently
using a neutral on my 14.4 kV 25 kVA pig. If I were to
use the neutral, I might then worry about the two
variacs not being exactly at the same place at the
same time, since they aren't exactly the same size.
I'm not saying you're wrong, only that I don't see the
relevance in using a neutral.

You mentioned "many" problems, but only mentioned one.
I don't want to overlook anything.

And as for the NEC... we won't go there. I don't
remember seeing a section on hooking a pole mount
distribution transformer backwards, and wiring that in
series with either MOT's or a welder. The thing is a
giant code violation.

thanks
Adam

=====