Re: Modeling the SG linear decay

Original poster: "R.E.Burnett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <R.E.Burnett-at-newcastle.ac.uk>

Hi Marco, all,

I have found that a pair of back to back zener diodes can be quite
effective at modeling the primary gap during conduction.  This approach
models the gap as a constant voltage drop for current in either direction.
It gives a linear decrement of the primary waveforms and glitches at the
zero current instants.  It even kind of "quenches" when the primary
voltage becomes insufficient to forward bias the zeners.

I guess this is kind of primitive,  but is the best I came up with. I know
others have mentioned using zeners some time ago for gap modelling.  I can
dig out the Microsim file if nothing better turns up.

						Cheers,

						-Richie,

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Marco Denicolai by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <marco.denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com>