RE: Why do TC's use line filters wired in reverse

Hi Gary, All,

It looks like this is much more messy than I thought.  I always used "dual
stage" filters and mine happened to be more or less symmetric.  However, I
see Bill has found a non-symmetric one :-)

http://www.geocities-dot-com/billvanyo/emifilter.jpg

Single stage filters are probably mostly non-symmetric too (as I say that,
someone will probably find a symmetric one :-))

Example schematics are at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/LineFilters.gif

I think there are three factors:

1. Is the filter symmetric or non-symmetric.

2. Does the filter have a "dirty AC" and "clean AC" side.

3. Is the filter AC or RF grounded.

There is another factor to consider if the streamer should hit the grounded
case...  I always RF grounded due to that.  I also use MOVs on my filters
which only adds to the fun.

So, depending on exactly what filter a person has, the hookups could be
very different.

Much to ponder...

Cheers,

	Terry