Re: "Scotty, Beam me up!"

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 2/28/01 1:23:08 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <
> twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>
>
> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>
> >
> > Just by way of explanation:
>
> > In my case it was a small PM motor. Far from a convincing
> > demonstration of Tesla's dream, however. I used a second resonator a
> > few feet away on a stainless bench, loop a few turns around its
> > belly, and rectified and smoothed the output. Cute little demo but I
> > wasn't about to proclaim a world first and the limits of its
> > applicability were obvious.
>
> OK. But what is a "PM" motor?
>
> Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

I believe PM stands for Permanent Magnet, a very small DC motor of the type
used in toy cars, boats, etc., using a permanent magnet for stator field. and