Re: Longest practical ground cable?

Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

considering that most TC's run at a few hundred kHz, max, the wavelength is
on the order of hundreds of meters, so 30 feet is nothing if you are
worried about resonant feed line problems.

A bigger issue will be the series inductance.  Try it and see.  If you
start to have odd problems, keep your earth ground, and add a chicken wire
counterpoise under the coil.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <garry-at-ndfc-dot-com>