Re: Small simple coil (beginner)

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Dear Jason,
             I am not the least bit interested in a coil which
produces a measly 1" spark. Check my posts on the subject over the
last couple of days.

On 2 May 01, at 21:00, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jason Matlock by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <matlockjm-at-mediaone-dot-net>
>
> Malcom,
>
> Why would u bother with a one inch arc from a tesla coil?  If you are
> going to spend time on something, you should want the best from it.
> If you tune your coil correctly, you should get 6-8 inches.  The power
> supply and capacitor tank are still the same regardless of the tuning
> so make the best of what yah got. Just make it safe.  I recommend Sam
> Barro's site. Http://www.powerlabs-dot-org.  He is really good about
> presentation and safety. Take a look.
>
> -Jason

I'm not interested in anything under five feet for serious coiling. I
started coiling when Sam was still in diapers.

Malcolm

**If it's under 10 Amps it's leakage current**