Xfrmr shunt theory

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

I've gotten zero response in a week, I'll try asking one more time...

Xfrmr Folks,
            seems to me there are two ways to decrease the shunt-age in an
NST.  1) remove something so that the shunts have a smaller cross section but
still bridge completely across, 2) remove something so that there is an air-
gap to the shunts but they still have their original cross section.

Which is prefered and why.

Thanks,
-Peter Lawrence.

(another Q, has anyone ever tryed to "increase" the shuntage in a MOT to
lower the current and make it usable with a static gap?)