E-Tesla6, was RE: Sphere/Toroid Comparison Chart

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

Terry,
      I've been looking at E-Tesla6 and noticed that it requires as input
the "Measured Secondary Inductance". I was sort of expecting to have to
enter the "number of turns" somewhere, something more like ACMI which takes
as input the dimensions of the coil and wire and then calculates inductance.

If I am going to use E-Tesla6 to estimate the Fres of a coil _before_ I
build it do I use Wheeler: "R**2 * N**2 / (9*R + 10*H)" formula for inductance?
How accurate is that anyway, what about Lundin's formula?

I'm in the process of building 3 coils (approx 4x12, 3.5x15, 3x18) each
hopefully with identical Fres (with the same 2x8 toroid), so I'ld like to
use E-Tesla6 to find the exact winding length and number of turns to get
identical Fres. Then I'll use ACMI to adjust the height of each one to get
exactly the same K (of 1/7) for each. Then see if there is any difference
in operation.  Not that I expect there to be any, this is just for fun,
after all its a hobby(!).

-Peter Lawrence.