Counterpoise/Faraday wall?

Original poster: "Matt S. by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <matt777777-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi again..
A couple more easy questions:

1. Due to the (indoor)location I may be restricted to, a long ground line
seems inevitable..   I was wondering if a 4x4 sheet of 1/4" mesh (hardware
cloth I have laying around) under the coil would work, or is this wishful
thinking?
(12kv/60ma).... (actually I could fan-fold the whole roll of the stuff under
the coil)..

2. If I were to want to 'shield' nearby equipment, would stapling grounded
1/4" hardware cloth on the wall, or making a partition/divider out of it
help at all? (i.e not a full cage).
(no lines runing through/by/around it)

Thanks yet again,

Matt.