Re: transformers

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jake Draper by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <cybermecium2-at-home-dot-com>

> What exactly are these bombarding transformers used for? I notice that a lot
> of neon sign websites sell them but you have to have a LOT of neon to use on
> a transformer like that. So what are they used for exactly?

	Everyone with similar interests should by Fink's "NEON SIGNS",
available from Lindsay pubs for a very low price.  Although originally
written in 1935, it contains answers to all of the NST questions I have
seen posted here.  I recommend it to all, even though it includes the
interesting remark that the main danger from getting across the
secondary of an NST is in falling off the roof, not in electrocution.
Guess he never performed an experiment on that!

Ed