Re: Sphere/Toroid Comparison Chart

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Malcolm

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

> Hi Luc,
>
> On 9 May 01, at 20:51, Tesla list wrote:
>
> > Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
> > <ludev-at-videotron.ca>
> >
> > Hi Matt, Kurt, all
> >
> > Tx guy, both of your answer are logical, I know that
> > electrostatic equations are not particularly easy .... To have a
> > final word on that we probably need measurement and if Matt
> > theory is good; measurement at high voltage ( not sure about that but
> > I think the repulsive force could be higher at higher voltage pushing
> > the charge farther on the exterior ???).
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Luc Benard
>
> I would have thought it was about e.s. field rather than charge
> distribution??

You probably be right like I said I don't have great knowledge of
electrostatic theory. May be I don't use the right word, what I
mean by charge is electron or hole (lack of electron) depend if
it's a positive or negative charge.

Suppose you have a toroid charged to some voltage. You
> can't argue that charges are unevenly distributed over its surface as
> there would be a potential difference between portions of a conductor
> and hence a current flow without any input of energy. Y-N?

Yes at the first part of your question, I explain: If you take
the top terminal of a Van de Graaff, the belt bring small charge
inside the top load, the top load is at a higher potential than
the belt ( I think ) but the charge flow from the less potential
belt to the higher potential top load. The explanation I read
about it is the charge inside the terminal are push to the
outside by repulsion. In a way I think the same phenomena happen
in a toroid: Charge are moved by repulsion from the facing wall
to the exterior wall of the toroid more or less depending of the
shape and the potential of the toroid ( At the square of the
distance ????? and density???? ).

What I said could result of a bad comprehension of the theory,
this is not an affirmation, and if my comprehension is bad please
correct me.

No at the second part: I don't believe in free energy !!!!!

 The
> portions of the toroid facing each other will have a minimal nett
> electric field between them. Or is my inderstanding incomplete?

I don't know may be we talk of the same thing but my lack of
knowledge and my difficulty to come to grips with English created
a miss understanding.

Cheers,

Luc Benard