Grounding

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <PeterCGMN-at-aol-dot-com>

    1) I have, to be honest, never run a coil grounded. Where in the circuit
should I ground it? How many steaks do I use? How long should the steaks be?
    2) For my own purposes I have decided I will write some type of coil
design program. Where can I get formulas for this? NOT where can I
download/use online design software.
    3) Does anyone live in the beautiful state of South Dakota? I'm lonely, I
say the two words Tesla coil and people think I'm a psycho (not that I'm not
;0)
    4) On a TC website there was pix of a spark gap, except he had like 6 in
a row. Y?
I'm probably spoiled compared to some coilers because I have perfect little
copper balls with perfect steel rods coming out them and perfectly rounded
tips. He had 6 "L" brackets back too back about 1-2" apart. Does that have
anything to do with it?
    5) Where can I find someplace where it says how big/many salt water caps
I need for enough capacitance. My current coil was bought as a kit, and I'm
seriously considering building one from scratch.

Any responses help!

73,Kc0Ion,"Ion-Boy"