Re: Jacobs ladders

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 11/6/01 5:29:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> This helps but how much power does one need? In my coil I have a
> transformer that puts out 6500 volts, would that be sufficent? I was also
> wondering if anyone could tell me what causes the arc to move up the
> elements? I have always wondered this.

Simple:
Hot Air Rises.
Hot air is more conductive than cold
Therefore, spark heats air, air lifts spark, spark can jump wider distance as
air gets hotter. etc.etc
Matt D.