Re: First light for an old coiler

In a message dated 11/18/01 6:10:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Hi John,
>
>  Thank you for the reply. I checked Bart's JavaScript Tesla Coil Designer
>  http://www.classictesla-dot-com/java/javatc.htmland with my parameters it
>  suggested the Transformer Resonant Capacitor was .016 uf. Is that wrong? I
>  thought I was operating in a fairly safe LTR zone.

Hi Dave,

My mistake, I thought you were using (3) 15/60 NST's.  You're
correct and you're in the safe LTR zone.  All looks good and
your coil should perform well when it's all tuned, etc.

Did you try using a little larger cap value for the phase shifter?
(but not so much that you get objectionable resonant rise?)
Not that it matters...., I realize you don't need the full 45 degree
range from the shifter.  I'm glad that's working well.

Cheers,
John.