Re: transformer theory q

Tesla list wrote:

<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

> Hi Godfrey

> In a message dated 11/14/01 3:08:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:
> Snip - - -

> > Also using less turns in the primary will increase the number of
>>secondary turns necessary to get one volt from the secondary.

> You sure about that?

	Its a subtle point.
	The straight turns ratio, as others have noted, is a good
	teaching tool.  However it oversimplifies some aspects of
	real world transformer design.  These aspects, as covered
	by others, become significant when 'power' is involved.

	(Historical note:
	One of the things Tesla provided/sold to Westinghouse was
	the 'know how' to make transformer design more real world...)

> Seems Bassackwards from "the way we was larned in school".

	Certain simplifications take place in some training.

	best
	dwp