Re: Smooth toroid

In a message dated 11/18/01 9:48:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

I wrote some postings about this in the past.  Generally, a
rough toroid may need to be up to 50% larger to obtain the
same spark length and the same number of streamers, as
compared to a smooth one.  The sparks will move and
drift about over the surface of a smooth toroid.  They will
tend to stay rooted at one position on a rough toroid.

Cheers,
John