Wireless Research

Original poster: "Jeremy Sweeney by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ringmachine-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Greetings,

I'm currently an undergraduate double majoring in
Physics and Logic, with a minor in engineering.  I've
been building Tesla coils for many years, and I've
decided to do a research project with them.  I've
always thought Tesla's idea of transmitting
electricity without transmission wires was a sound
idea.  None of my Prof. have shown me any experiments
or theories which say it can't be done.  I've have
permission to proceed, but how much funding I get will
depend on how good of a case I can make for my
project.

     I'm going to study "dielectric memory" for this
project as well.  One of my Prof. didn't believe that
a capacitor could do that until there was a slight
mishap in the lab.  You wouldn't think a Leyden Jar
would do that.... <g> Oh well, no one got hurt, and it
showed him that I do know what I'm talking about.

    Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had tried this
before? (other than Tesla)  I'm trying to decide on
Magnifier vs. standard coil, materials, ect.  I'm
planning on doing a small scale experiment first,
simulating 2 coils separated by between 100 and 300
meters.  If this works, then I want to build two large
(>5 kW) coils and try to transmit.  Any ideas anybody
has would be welcomed.  Thanks!

Jeremy

P.S.  My other e-mail address is
theringmachine-at-aol-dot-com if it is more convenient than
the list.