Re: Wireless Research

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 11/19/01 11:59:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm currently an undergraduate double majoring in
> Physics and Logic, with a minor in engineering.  I've
> been building Tesla coils for many years, and I've
> decided to do a research project with them.  I've
> always thought Tesla's idea of transmitting
> electricity without transmission wires was a sound
> idea.  None of my Prof. have shown me any experiments
> or theories which say it can't be done.  I've have
> permission to proceed, but how much funding I get will
> depend on how good of a case I can make for my
> project

Hi Jeremy,
I would strongly recommend that you read carefully Tesla's Patents No. 645,576
, No. 649621,  No. 787412, and especially No. 1119732. The earlier ones deal
with his ideas for transmitting energy directly through the upper atmosphere,
and the latter for the transmission of energy directly through the earth.
Contrary to popular myths and misunderstandings, Tesla never intended to
transmit energy by radio (electromagnetic, a.k.a. Hertzian) waves, although he
did develop several devices for signaling via these waves. The Wardenclyffe
tower was Not a radio tower. It was a giant capacitor with resonant circuit to
send massive oscillations into the earth, not the sky. The earlier patents
projected the use of Tesla coils to send massive high frequency discharges up a
wire 10-15 miles in length to a terminal in what he believed would be a highly
conductive layer of the atmosphere. Current would flow through this layer with
negligible resistance to the receiving terminal, down an! other wire miles in
length to the receiving resonator, much as current flows through the earth via
a grounded wire back to a generator.
Hope this helps.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/OtherPapers/TeslaPatents/

Matt D.