RE: entire secondary

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Jonathan:
My new coil also had to be transportable. And yes, that is a word made up
during early computer years when laptops were a dream or $10K. They were 386
machines that looked like tool boxes and unfolded to reveal a long B&W
screen. I'm off topic...oops.

Anyway, my sec bottom ends in a shower drain fitting (from Lowes) that lets
me unscrew the bottom from the female flange mounted on the base. The closed
end of the sec has a 2" PVC end cap fitting that has a PL-259 female surface
mount socket (RadioShack). This lets me connect a #4 AWG cable also fitted
with PL-259 plugs between the sec and my RF ground.

Look carefully at the two lead photos on Ross Overstreet's Teslathon
website. You might be able to make out what I'm mentioning.

http://users.better-dot-org/roverstreet/TCBFW/tcbfw_teslathon_2001.htm

The NST is in it's own caster fitted, rolling box. Two home made HV cables
connect the box (about 3 feet max) with the HV inputs of the base cabinet.
Now that box weighs about 50 pounds. But I fitted it with a rubber coated
steel handle made from 1/2 ridged plumbing pipe. The rest of the coil is a
lightweight. the base weighs about 5-8 pounds and the secondary weighs maybe
4-5 pounds. The toroid has negative weight. I filled the duct with
helium(JOKE.

In any event, I am finally working on my website which will have complete
step by step info and drawings of what I did and how I did it. Stay tuned.

Safety First

Ted