Re: dielectric memory

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 11/28/01 7:51 AM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> Original poster: "Jeremy Sweeney by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <ringmachine-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
> Hello, me again :-)
>
> Okay, this may be off topic, but I think it might be
> relevant.  In dielectric memory, I?ve heard of people
> experiencing the effect in absence of electrical
> currents, magnetic and electrical fields.  Has anyone
> ever studied the effect of temperature differences in
> the capacitor?  There is something called the Sebeck
> Effect (hope I?m spelling this right) where current
> can be induced through a loop made from two wires made
> from two different metals or semi-conductors by
> placing one joint in a high temp. and the other in a
> low temp. bath.  I?m thinking that somehow a reverse
> EMF might be generated by this effect when taking the
> unique properties of the resonance circuit into
> account.  I know that dielectric memory happens in
> anything with capacitance, but since it happens more
> often with caps that come out of TCs, then I think the
> nature of the tank circuit must lend some hand in
> amplifying the effect.  High frequency, High Voltage,
> High Current, and High heat all happen in a tank
> circuit. (How many have had a cap fail or explode
> because of heat or stress?)  Maybe I?m way off base,
> but it just jumped into my head during my Math Methods
> class.
>
> Jeremy

Years past it was found that any dialetric if charged in the molten state
and cooled to a solid would retain the charge like a battery. TC capacitors
are subjected to heating and voltage stress that tend to retain charges.
That is what causes a charge that was discharged to come back again and
again.
   Robert  H