Re: Question for John about the 5-125B and the 810

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 10/30/01 8:08 PM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> <Robynsaddiction-at-aol-dot-com>
>
> Hello,
>
> John or any others who might know. I was wondering if only one CETRON 810
> would work in a small tube coil, because I just got one for $10.00 new. Also,
> wanted to know if there was any chance that an RCA 4E27A / 5-125B tube would
> work, because I have the chance to get four of those NEW at $10.00 a piece.
> Thanks guys! Hope someone knows something. Also, do the capacitors in a VTTC
> have to be mica, or can they be other types of capacitors?
>
> Rick Harris

the 5-125 is 125 watt class A tube of compact design requiring forced air
cooling. Larger tubes are more impressive less efficent and require no
blower.Mica capacitors are low loss high voltage high frequency use. Mica
caps are getting hard to get. Use ceramic, THERE VALUE IS TEMP SENSITIVE but
at the low frequency we are working its not important.
 Robert H