Safety Gap Question

Original poster: "Dave Kyle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-kyleusa-dot-com>

Last weekend I completed construction of the neon transformer protection
module. It consists of two 1K 100 watt resisters and 4 small doorknob caps
wired in the usual RC configuration and a safety gap. I elected not to
include the MOV devices at this time. My question is should the safety gap
be on the neon side or the primary side of the resistors? I have seen it
shown both ways and I am curious what the arguments are for ether case. I
will be using a SRSG with a three x 15KV-at-30ma neon farm if that has any
baring on the answer.

Dave

Dave Kyle
Austin, TX USA