Re: KVA Model 9J

Hi James,

At 04:25 PM 10/8/2001 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi All,
> Curiosity is forcing me to ask this dumb question. Umm, which way did the
>sparks
>go on an upside down coil? Were they attracted to the ground 75 feet below,
>or the
>metal rafters that were closer?
> I'm guessing the sparks are sort of magneticaly pulled UP to the primary.
>regards,
> James Cart

I was up on the arena catwalk at a screwy angle so I could not tell.  Jeff
was on the coil and he was pretty busy but maybe he knows?

The ceiling was very high compared to the coil and it really was sort of in
free space.  I don't know if there were ever any pictures taken or if Jeff
has run the coil upside down since...  It had a metal mounting frame and
drop chains holding it that would probably not be too easy to model with
E-Tesla6 to predict the arc path...

Hope Jeff knows more.  A neat question!

Cheers,

	Terry