Re: solid state magnifier...accidentally...cool!

Original poster: "Mike Depot by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mike-at-ici-dot-net>

> I find it VERY useful to put a thermal cutoff switch on the heatsink
beside
> the transistor to begin with. I'm thinking of making a copper/Aluminum
> heatsink like they use on processors. I find that the transistor feeding
the
> 3055 gets real hot also, maybe I need something a bit heavier... I can't
get
> a decent output if i current limit the draw to the small transistor. :-/

Interested in water cooling? There's some water cooled heat sinks meant for
processors at this site:
http://www.overclockershideout-dot-com/
Some of this stuff might be adaptable for other purposes for those of you
looking for better components cooling.