Re: solid state magnifier...accidentally...cool!

LM12's are also a bit pricey at $17-18 each
They claim power bandwidth of 60 kHz, though, so it's at least in the area.

My experience with monolithic high powered opamps (granted, in a linear
moderate precision application) has been that you spend a lot of time and
money on power supplies and surrounding components.  They're not plug and
play by any means.

You also might have a bit of an impedance matching challenge. The part is
limited to 10A output current and 25V output voltage.  A nice match for a
2-4 ohm resistive load, but not necessarily for a tesla coil.