RE: MOT's MOC's on small coil

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hello Shaun

Connect 120 volts to the high side of the MOT and read the output V of the
low side with a voltmeter. Since line voltage can vary from 120 volts, you
can tune the line voltage to 120 volts with a variac and voltmeter. The
voltage output of the MOT should be approximately 14400 / V. I used this
method to measure the output of each of my MOTs. With 120 volts input, I got
2100 volts or 2400 volts. I have a large MOT that measures at 2,800 volts
and a very large MOT that measures at 4000 volts. The diode and cap for the
4000 volt MOT are also very large. If the calculations comes out something
like 2140 volts, then round off to 2100 volts. Accuracy depends on the
quality of the voltmeter.

Godfrey Loudner