Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 04:49:40 -0700
From: Jim Mora <jmora-at-jetlink-dot-net>
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: LTR question

Hi Terry,

Ok, so what is a LTR cap bank and its advantages? I just finished building
(2) strings of 16x3 .056uf for two 15/60 transformers ~.02uf. Today, my Geek
Group (15) caps arrived for an additional .01uf. Can I use these in any way
without shelling out an additional $170 clams for an additional high power
xformer from Transco?

If you remember, I am building this coil for a donation to our school's new
physics wing. You helped me with the cap design.

My other concern is weather or not the rise / fall time of the Geek's
capacitors may cause problems with the..056uf strings?

The Java srcipt designer says I should be able to draw 72 " (88" w/ 3
xformers) streamers. Is this overly optimistic?

The coil design is based on a 8.125" 1/8 pvc form wound with 36" of  high
quality magnet wire. The primary is a 15 degree .25 tubing, spaced at .25
with a 2" arc space. I am using a Richard Quick air blast gap and your safety
circuit along with a safety gap made of 3/8" brass acorn nuts spaced to a
brass facet 3/4" ball cock, all mounted in a polyethylene channel. ( My wife
is not liking that things are disappearing from the kitchen):-)

The upper deck is made of a 30" polyethylene cutting board. The lower is a
20" job. The transformers will sit on the ground below this on an aluminum
plate which will be the connection point for the RF ground.

Is it all right to use HV cable or RG 213/RG 8a/u to connect from the
transformer to the safety gap? I will be using 1" copper flashing for all the
other connections except for the RF ground which will be 2".

I would appreciate your feed back.

Respectfully,

Jim Mora
Fillmore School District, So Ca.