Re: 15" coil project

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

> BIG SNIPPERZZZ...
>
> Exactly.  Someone with experience and adequate
> equipment really needs to write a paper on how wire
> gauge/turns etc. affect coil efficiency...hint..hint.
>
> >  This sounds like a nice project
> > you're planning.
>
> Thanks.  I hope so.
>
> -Brett

> http://personals.yahoo-dot-com

Hi Brett....

I used 2 secondaries of different design in a coil system ( everything else
was the same except for
tune point)

the first secondary was an 8" 22Ga. wound to 1100 turns   the 2nd secondary
was 12" with 18 Ga.
with 1050 turns..  applying the same power to both resulted in 10 - 12'
arcs on the 12" secondary
and the 8" secondary resulted in a disaster of racing arcs and fried
windings....

I would say it makes a difference :)

Scot D