Re: plasma globe

Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>

i think its more likely the the current gets fed into an ocilator or
something that generates frequency and then runs into the black cylinder
which is most like a transformer of some sort. high frequency energy seems
to need less of a cross-section (smaller transformer) to change the
voltages.

take aircraft for example, they take something like 24v at 400 hz and use
a transformer less then half the size of a neon transformer and still get
9kv out of it.

maybe im off on a tangent.

-matt