Re: What do the electrodes spark to in the saftey gap?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 10/27/01 11:23:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Ho Jon,
>
> They spark to ground. However, I don't recall ever
> seeing just one safety gap fire. It appears that both
> gaps always fire at the same time. So are they really
> sparking to ground, or are they sparking to each other
> through ground? Hmmm...
>
> Greg

Hi Greg, Jon,
        They really do spark to ground. If you can visually distinguish the
difference between two simultaneous sparks and two separated by 1/f where f is
the frequency of the coil, then you were born on the planet Krypton and your
real name is Kal-El. ;-)).