Re: What do the electrodes spark to in the saftey gap?

In a message dated 10/27/01 11:23:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Ho Jon,
>
>  They spark to ground. However, I don't recall ever
>  seeing just one safety gap fire. It appears that both
>  gaps always fire at the same time. So are they really
>  sparking to ground, or are they sparking to each other
>  through ground? Hmmm...
>
>  Greg

Greg, Jon,

I usually arrange a safety gap between the bushing and NST
case at both bushings.  Often, only one safety gap fires,
rather than both.  At least in this case, it's sparking to ground.
My guess is that even using other gap set-ups, one side probably
fires first to ground, and this triggers the other side to fire.

Cheers,
John