Making a very small TC using an ign. coil

Original poster: "Jason by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Hi all,

My physics teacher is leaving the school at christmas, and I want to build a
very small TC for him. I want to know if anyone has tried this before,
because I have heard that the voltage spikes etc. from a TC are really good
at killing iggy coils. Also, I need to buy a KV and mA meter to measure the
output of the coil so that I can build my primary cap. The coil is a unipart
coil, but I am considering purchasing a GM HEI coil because they are more
well known by the group and are high quality. Any advice (especially KV
output and mA output of the coil) would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason