Re: abondoned pole pig

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

<Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

> Godfrey,
>   Why not call the utility co. from a payphone and NOT give them your name.
> Give them a phony name and/or address if they ask as some requirement for the
> information you wish.  I would guess that they would have no problem
divulging
> information that you want, and very likely would not spend the time or effort
> to reclaim the pigs anyway.  It would probably cost them more to pull
them down
> than to buy new ones(only my guess here though) if they had to drive to the
> location, set up the basket truck and remove them, then drive home.
> Mike

Hi All...

I checked with my neighbor  ( he works for the local utility Co.) the
"company" has
rights to any material originally put up by the company for 25 yrs after
service has
been discontinued ( after 25 yrs its abandoned) in certian conditions where
the land
owner is "out of normal service areas" the landowner usually has to buy the
piggie
for service to his property ( part of the installation fee), thus the land
owner is
the owner of the piggie ( which brings on a different option to abandonment) In
louisiana its 7 yrs.

laws are different from state to state ....  best bet  check with the local Co.

Scot D