Re: Caesar.....

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Subject: amaizing opertunity missed
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:50:34 -0400
From: mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net (Metlicka Marc)
To: "tesla-at-pupman-dot-com" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

all,
I would like to share with all a story: (this is all from a fuzzy memory
so dimensions and function are all guessed at)
When i was young, about the time of my graduation from high school,
there was a field in the southern part of windsor ohio, the town where i
live, that sprang up with 10 or 12 30' poles arranged in a circle of
around 60'.
over time, on these poles, was built a wire antenna type array.
this antenna consisted of a wire strung from the top of each pole to the
base, somewhat like a very loose bow string. then wire (as i remember
it) was wound horizontally through these loose bow strings creating a
column of wire, like a secondary coil, supported by the bow strings and
held taught by them.
(I can draw a sketch for those that wish) in the center of the column of
about 15' and 20' tall, was a small shack. like a ham radio shack?
I remember some articles in the local paper about this but do not
remember the content, i am going to look through the "ashtabula star
beacon" archives for the years of 1984 - 1989 and will report as soon as
i get some info. the online archives only go back five years.

The point of my story is that while at the NEO TESLATHON, harvey noris
handed me a book called " CHAPTER TWELVE,,, VACUUM TUBE TESLA COILS"
written by
James F. Corum, PH.D.  and
Kenneth L. Corum
I was absolutely astounded to read that it was published by:
CORUM AND ASSOCIATES, INC.
8551 STATE RT. 534
WINDSOR,  OHIO
       44099
????? I could not believe it, The Corum brothers had lived in windsor at
one time?????/
Well the next day i got on my motorcycle in a quest to find exactly
where 8551 was located.
The house was directly across from the field that held this antenna or
coil, or whatever this experiment was.
This strange object that i grew up with and that was actually just
removed a few years ago (well the poles anyway), was from the Corums!
I can not describe the pride that i feel to have this memory of this
strange structure.
If anyone on the list remembers or knows what this object was used for,
or has any idea where i could look to find any reference to there work
over the years of 1981 - 1989, please let me know.
I'm sorry for the long post and i hope that many have bared with me to
read this story, I am very sad that i did not know what a tesla coil was
back then, Imagine, I had the opportunity to work with and learn from
these two men?
In fact i worked for a farmer during haying season in the field directly
across from this structure?
There's was a small house, it is just north of Windsor's cherished
octagon house, and i missed one of the greatest opportunities in my life
by not stopping to ask what and why this structure was.
Thank you and take care,
Marc M.
6668 hyde rd.
windsor,  ohio