Re: Caesar.....

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

 Subject: Re: Caesar.....
 Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 21:06:44 -0400
 From: mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net (Metlicka Marc)
 To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

 All,
 I thank all that have given support to me on this and other ideas that i
 have tried and suggested. Although it is very flattering, it is somewhat
 uncomfortable because although my work has sometimes been praised in the
 past it has never been praised by a group with witch i hold so much
 respect and admiration as I hold for the coiling community of the tcml.
 Although the idea of having the triggered gap credited to me and the
 prospect of being remembered for years to come because of it is very
 appealing, i always new that the true refinement would come from those
 with the electronic, physics and metallurgical knowledge that i do not
 posses. I am VERY happy that this interest in the gap is happening, I am
 looking forward to and always have been anticipating the new designs,
 improvements and await the great driver schematics that will come.
 I thank all that appreciate the work that i do for coilers and the
 coiling community and promises that i will always try to offer any ideas
 and findings that i come across, no matter how silly some of them are (I
 don't mind being laughed at now and then) and i hope that other coilers
 will not be afraid to experiment with a new idea or a variation on an
 old idea?
 I believe that the triggered gap will allow some aspects to our field of
 interest that could not be implemented otherwise. I know that my planned
 "three coils on the same former" would not be practical without it.

 I do not claim total conception because without this list and the great
 discussion and learning that i've gained by it, I would never have
 gotten the idea to try the dimmer\coil arrangement for the triggered
 gap. I had messed with an arc lamp trying to build a better gap and it
 was the discussion of this idea with bert hickman and jim lux  on list
 that lead to the present "sync. triggered spark gap. So it was actually
 ALL the list members that helped to realize the gap, using carbide and
 all other ideas i have had, for without all the minds of the list
 tossing out ideas and conceptions, much of the new knowledge we have in
 coiling would not and could not be!
 We all need to give Mr. Atkinson the majority of the praise because
 without his insistence on keeping the list going, and without the
 massive amount of personal time that Mr. Fritz gives every day for us,
 coiling could not be where it is today!

 Thank you Chip, Thank you Terry
 and thank you too all on the list.
 Take care,