Re: TSG Advantages?

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Dear List,
>
> Always a settler and never a pioneer. That's me. I was
> probably the last guy on the list to jump on the MMC
> bandwagon, and I never did catch sync rotary fever. So
> now, I feel like the only list regular who isn't
> experimenting with the TSG. This latest honeymoon
> seems like an especially warm one, but I'm wondering,
> what are the advantages of the TSG? Does it offer
> superior performance? Longer sparks? Mechanical
> simplicity? Less gap loss? Why is it preferable to a
> regular air blown gap or an RSG. I'm asking because I
> really don't know. I don't recall reading any mail
> about superior performance for the TSG.

Greg,
Speaking for what i've seen so far, The gap when built and set for the
coil, seems to bring out the best in each one i've tried so far.
I don't know for sure, but i think it quenches nicely, it definitely is
lighter, it adjusts nicely to "what the coil wants" and mine really was
very easy to build?
BUT, There is more, I'm thinking that the real beauty of the triggered
gap will come from the fact that it can be triggered when "you" want, so
this will allow some pretty neat and maybe incredible, variations of a
coils output.
I am working on a three phase coil system that will use the triggered
gap on each leg, with it's own transformer and tank circuit. once this
psu is finished I will try many experiments with it.
The ability to trigger dc at very high break rates might give us
something new in itself, I know the scream of the one i tried was
amazing.
But all in all i think each coiler will get something different out of
it, we will have to see?
Marc M.