Re: fluorescent tube question

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "rheidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

> I would suspect a broken tube wouldn't work because the phosphor is
> UV activated not electron activated.

	I suggest it is NORMALLY UV activated in the NORMAL operating
	mode.  Other phosphor applications are routinely electron
	'activated'.  I'd expect the fluorescent tube phosphor
	to be likewise.

	It is not uncommon for their to be two competing (or
	co operating) causes for a given effect.

	best
	dwp