Re: rotary bps

In a message dated 3/29/02 6:01:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Colin,

Spark length will most likely greatly decrease at 200 bps, if the
caps are already charging up fully.  What happens depends on
the cap value, and available current.  It can't be predicted without
knowing some details.  But if I had to guess, I'd say the spark
will get shorter.  Why don't you just slow the motor with a variac
and see what happens?  Induction motors can be slowed with
a variac despite what some say.  If you don't have a variac,
you can maybe put some light bulbs or heaters or something in
series with the motor to limit the current.  Or if you have
for example 8 spinning electrodes, you can remove every
other one.

Cheers,
JOhn