Re: sync, phase, LTR-ness

In a message dated 3/30/02 8:33:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I am now also seeing a need to fine tune the SRSG phase as I increase
> power. Could this be the power Variac and PFC capacitor shifting phase
> to the neon transformer requiring a matching compensation at the SRSG?
>
> Whatever you end up naming this mode it was not desirable in my case as
> I feel certain it would have eventually killed a neon or a tank cap.
>
> Dave

Hi Dave,

Very possible about the NST destruction, I did destroy an NST
during all the testing with misfires, etc., before I bothered setting
up the scope.   I don't think the PFC cap is a factor since I'm not
using one.  My guess would be that the NST shunt behavior
"changes" as the power is raised, requiring a different phase
position.  Actually I think it happens in PT powered systems too,
so it seems to be a normal part of SRSG operation.  Some sort
of non-linearity in the system I guess.

Cheers,
John