Re: sync, phase, LTR-ness

Original poster: "Sean Taylor by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <taylorss-at-rose-hulman.edu>

>  I have
>  heard some say that the best quenching of RQ type multiple
>  stationary gaps sometimes occurs with the blower NOT set
>  for maximum air velocity so maybe there could be a correlation
>  here? Anyone else have an explanation for this strange RSG
>  behavior?

I think that the reason for the increased performance with the blower not
set to full is due to the ringdown time.  With the blower set at full, the
spark quenches BEFORE the resonance has dies out, so quenching it less would
add more power to the secondary . . . At least thats what I think :-)

As for the ASRG with the grinder - I have no idea, except that maybe,
somehow, it was running synchronous?  not really a possiblity if its a
straight induction motor, as I would think since it was rated at 3450 RPM
(If I remember correctly from the previous post).

Sean Taylor
The Geek Group
G-2 #1204
Because the geek shall inherit the Earth! (c)
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org