Re: scoped coils

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Chris Swinson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <exxos-at-cps-games.co.uk>

> I will say that the larger coil is 90"high by 6.3" wide, uses 1.5^2mm wire
> ( 10amp multi stranded ). This coil I worked to 360khz....  The other coil
> on test was also worked to 360khz. This one was on 4.3" dia form, about 20"
> high with 0.315mm magnet wire.

Assuming really identical setups, I see that one coil is much larger
than the other, and so has much larger "self-capacitance".
The larger capacitance makes the coil less sensitive to the added
capacitance of your approaching hand.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz