Re: Coil for sale

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

<jim-at-jlproduction-dot-com>

> I don’t know about that auction,
> The whole thing seems a little fishy to me.
>
> Can you imaging what shipping and insurance would be on just the
> transformer alone (never mind the breakable stuff)?

How do you think they ship transformers in real life? You strap it to a
pallet and throw it on a truck, probably at class 70 rates. It's not a big
deal to ship. Really. Crate the coil and the control console. You don't ship
stuff like that UPS anyways.

> What would the liability be if you sold it to a bunch of frat kids who
> end up killing a fellow beer bonger?

That would be great.

> The whole premise of an auction of this type seems touchy at best and
> plain old irresponsible at worst.

Why? Anybody can buy a chainsaw. If you chop yourself up into pieces, it's
your problem. You are responsible for what you do with it.

> Just my .02,
> Jim

KEN