Re: Proposed capacitive transformer TC?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

> Antonio,
> Sorry but the amended schematic you posted appears garbled -perhaps
> alignment on different on my computer is to that on your machine?

Verify if all the characters used, including spaces, have the same
width. A drawing made with one of these fonts places all the
characters in a regular grid. The courier font is identical to
what comes out of a simple typewriter.

> Also http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/mres4hp.jpg
> and
> http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/mres4hp1.jpg
> appear to be missing from your website.
>
> Sorry for any inconvenience- hope to read these soon,

Oops.. I forgot to upload the images. I made a test at full power.
The system works reasonably well, producing corona at the antenna
and arcs to grounded objects. It's less powerful than the directly
coupled version, but the reasons for this are clear. The energy
transfer takes twice more time and cycles, and much more energy is
lost in the way.

The system running:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/mresctw.jpg
Corona at the antenna (I would not call this streamers):
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/mresctcr.jpg

The schematic is:

                       (=====) Terminal

                          L2

   o------+--C1--+----(=) | (=)
  PSU    gap     L1       |

PSU: 5000 V, 30 mA, NST
C1: 1 nF MMC (10 x 10 nF, 1000 V, with 2 x 10 MOhms in // with each)
L1: 314 uH (95 turns of insulated #18 wire in a 10 cm PVC tube)
L2: 28.2 mH (1152 turns of #32 magnet wire on a 8.8 cm PVC tube)

A CTTC - Capacitive Transformer Tesla Coil. Is this something new?

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz