Re: Coherers & magnetic detector

>>        Eccles
>>        1918
>>
>>No sensitivity given for coherers (perhaps too  many types?)
>>Magnetic detector:
>>        'more sensitive than coherer'
>>                estimated 0.0025 erg for a dot
>>(' R A Fessenden proposed to construct a 'recording detector'
>>hmmmmm.  Wire Recorder?)
>>Electrolytic Detector:
>>                estimated 0.001 erg for a dot
>>etc...
>>
>>Principles of Wireless Telegraphy
>>Pierce
>>1910
>>        magnetic detector ... more sensitive than coherer,
>>        less sensitive than electrolytic or some contact
>>        detectors (crystal).

> Thanks!  Don't have either Pierce or Eccles, but looks as if I will
> have to try to get copies if the price isn't too steep.

	I have, it turns out, two copies of:
		Electric Oscillators and Electric Waves
	by Pierce.
	Drop me a line off list & we can discuss 'too steep'.
		8)>>
	I've no idea if it gets into coherers, as its
	1920ish, late.

> Now I have to figure out how to convert ergs to something

> more meaningful (to me).

	SOMEwhere i was pointed to:
		http://www.1728-dot-com/indexcon.htm
	A collection of converters...

> I'm not sure how to figure the required power from the

> required energy, since I don't know what time it is

> delivered in.
	'one dot', per the original...

	(OK: They didn't give, THERE, how fast they were
	sending ...  8)>>  Nor anywhere else was it
	specified.)

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...